It has been 30 years since I made the (not very complicated) decision not to vote for political candidates who support abortion.
Abortion on-demand–at-all-is and will be our generation’s genocide stain. The comparison to other genocidal impulses* is not that difficult to make–
- Genocide systematically dehumanizes the victims
- Genocide creates words and epithets to divide victims and devalue them from the rest of us
- Genocide targets people who are legally exposed, minorities, female, from disenfranchised classes (often created through the repeated use of dehumanizing terms), the medically fragile, people whose basic human rights have been suspended or exempted
- Genocide finds ways to stigmatize and blame the victims
- Genocide labels victims as “unwanted”
- Genocide institutionalizes, regularizes, industrializes, and monetizes mass murder
- And many times genocide co-ops scientists and medical professionals by couching the process of mass killing as medically necessary or scientifically interesting
- Genocide kills people.
Do you know the statistics for aborted people in your state, country or region? Do you know when it was legalized and who it targets?
We all should.
We will have to make an account for every one.
*for the purpose of cohesion I have not separated out gendercide, femicide, or the systemic killing of disabled people, all of which characterize abortion and have been components of genocide as well.
This is great sincerity and authentic religion.
Thank you. Jesus is all about the lonely voices somehow becoming choral voices.